Focus Topic: In and Out of Focus
What we mean by In and Out of Focus is micro level science (think specific organisms, microbiology) contrasted with macro level science (astronomy, possible 9th planet, etc.). So our feature articles will be on topics at either end of the scale!
Sample topics: environmental sustainability, computer hacking, military technology, drug delivery, space travel, or any topic that interests you!
Proposal deadline: Sunday, February 7th at 11:59pm via our proposal submission form.
- What topic would you like to write about?
- What type of article would you like to write about this topic?
- What would you like to teach readers about this topic, and/or why are you interested in this topic?
- List 3 preliminary sources you could use to begin your research on this topic.
- What other topics are you interested in writing about?
More detailed information about the writing process and our calendar for the semester is available in the Spring 2016 Writer’s Guide. For samples of each type of article, check out our Fall 2015 issue on Emerging Technologies! Feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have!
Decisions on article proposals will be emailed to individual writers by Friday, Feb. 12th, and we’ll be planning a meeting for writers to meet their Associate Editors and receive feedback on their proposals shortly after. We look forward to working with you!